Monday, May 9, 2011

Yard Sale Success!


I don't have any pictures from the yard sale as I had planned, yet. We will be having at least one more, possibly more. Every morning when I get up to go I seem to forget my camera...

I wanted to thank everyone that helped us get this together. So many of our family and friends have made this a success! I also want to thank the kindness of complete strangers! I'm amazed at how caring and concerned everyone has been. This could not have worked without every single person that has contributed! Whether you donated stuff to sell, money, prayers, your time, or even if you just spread the word for us, every bit of it has gotten us this far! We couldn't have done this without EVERYONE!

When the idea of a fundraising yard sale was born, I never expected it to work out so well. Our goal was $1000 for the co-pay we have to pay on the day of surgery. Over the course of two days, we raised $1500!! This amount was a mix between sales and donations.

We plan to do another yard sale soon. We are very hopeful that we can raise enough to cover the majority of the trip. We're estimating our cost to be between $3000 to $4000. We've already raised a large chunk of that.

We are blessed to have the support and help that we have been given. It has been a very humbling experience and one that I will never forget.

The past couple of weeks have been different for our family. Both my husband and I have tried to keep our burdens just that, our burdens, but there are times when issues popped up that were too great for us to handle alone. We've always had help along the way, but for the most part we've tried to carry the weight of our situation alone.

Because of this...

I cannot express the appreciation we feel for everyone! I love each of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment